Oct 21, 2017

Review | The Opportunist (Love Me with Lies, #1) by Tarryn Fisher


Olivia Kaspen is a sharp tongued manipulator used to always getting what she wants. With just one exception-Caleb Drake, the one she foolishly let slip away. After a chance encounter brings Caleb back into her life, Olivia finds herself wanting a second chance with her first love, and asking herself how far she is willing to go to get him back. Her only problem is a red head named Leah, Caleb's new love. Olivia must fight for what was once hers, and in the process discover that sometimes love falls short of redemption.



So, if I'm being honest I've had this book sitting on my Kindle for several years. Not that I didn't want to read it, I just knew that I needed to be able to focus on this book with all the hype I had heard. I just don't know why I didn't read it back then...big mistake on my part!
This story is simple but complicated, loving but painful, kind but cruel...so many emotions came from it. What would you do if you were given a chance to have a do over, but it wasn't an honest do over? 
I kept asking myself, would I do what Olivia is doing or would I do something different, and I honestly couldn't answer that. Everything she did she did because she loved Caleb and love can make you do some really deceitful and crazy things.
The chemistry was beyond palpable...obvious from both sides. The title of this series is exactly spot on...love me with lies!! The banter between Olivia and Caleb is amazingly entertaining and I laughed many times.
When opportunity knocks...dive in!!!





Tarryn was born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa. She immigrated to America with her parents when she was thirteen, and spent the next eighteen years in South Florida where she earned her degree in Psychology, wrote her first novel, and had two children. In 2012, on a whim, she moved her family to Seattle, Washington where she currently makes her home safely away from the sun. Tarry his the founder of Guise of the Villain, a fashion blog, and has written ten published novels. Tarryn is a Slytherin.
  













SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment