Jan 11, 2017

REVIEW| Once Should Be Enough by Nikky Kaye


Are friends with benefits worth the cost?

My cocky friend Will doesn’t believe that I’m frigid, but what does he know? His promises might make me shiver but it doesn’t mean he can give me a happy. He’s so confident he’s betting me money on it, an a thousand bucks is a lot of money to a poor college student.

Once should be enough to taunt him with “I told you so,” right?
But I didn’t know he meant trying everything once…



Once Should Be Enough was engaging and I was absolutely intrigued within the first sentence. I could tell that I was going to really enjoy this book! There was wit and banter between the two main characters. It was written to where the words flowed well and ended up being a great read. 

There were moments where I blushed and also moments that were relatable. Feelings were definitely entangled with all the raw emotion of if crossing that line with a best friend while knowing would never be the same again!!

The only thing that I can say that it lacked, was background on the characters. I definitely think this book could have been longer and more story added to it.

Nikky Kaye believes that life is too short not to giggle while you're reading--or writing. She is careful not to feed her young twin boys after midnight, and hides a terrible Diet Coke addiction from her husband. She has worked with movie starts and the United Nations, but thinks creating stories that make people sigh is almost better than world peace. And she feels really awkward talking about herself in the third person.













No comments:

Post a Comment